- Ask the students what they know about the use of plastics in our world. What is it used for? What do they have and use that is made out of plastic?
- What are some positive uses of plastic?
- What are some negative ones?
- Look at the front cover. Do you believe that this is going to be a true story? Why or why not?
- What could this be about? How could the ducks have ended up in the ocean? (Base your answer on evidence from the front cover)
Reading and discussing
Read the story through.
Watch the following short video that tells the real story of this incident . . .